Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Ehhhh

I am whining. I've had a headache, pretty much off and on since late Sunday night. I don't know if it's allergy related or stress related or what it is, but it's painful and annoying. I actually stayed home yesterday, to rest and hopefully get rid of the pain in my head (which caused more stress, because every teacher knows that it makes you a little uneasy to leave your kids in the hands of someone else). I returned to work this morning, and found that I only had an actual sub for ONE PERIOD today. Apparently the rest of the day was covered by teachers during their Planning time. That made me feel a little bad. But my guilt quickly turned to grouchiness when I realized that only one of the teachers that covered my class actually followed my lesson plans!! I guess some "couldn't find" my lessons (even though they are in the front of the room on my overhead), so they showed some Alice in Wonderland movie. Great. So, we had to play Catch Up today, and try to cram two days into one. Yippee. And all the while my head was playing games with me. I felt better after school, so my husband and Mason and I went to Chili's to celebrate the fact that tomorrow we turn in the keys to our old place, because it's all clean and ready for inspection. Yeah!

So I took some allergy stuff and I pray to God that it helps. I certainly don't want to be up all night again and obviously I can't trust that things would be taken care of if I called in sick. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

* K * said...

maybe you're dehydrated? were you drinking lots of water while moving and cleaning and what have you??

Princess Lionhead said...

Oh, probably. I think between allergies (or some sinus thing) and not drinking enough water, and it being really dry outside, I've gotten dehydrated. I feel better today.