Saturday, June 03, 2006

Two weeks from today

My friend and her husband are coming to visit!! I am so excited!! I haven't seen her since the week before Mason was born. They live across the country and they're taking a week-long road trip to come for a visit and to meet Mason. It'll just be so nice to be together again, since there was a time in college (has it really been 6 years??) when we were inseparable. And our husbands have never met, so that will be a good time. We were planning on going to our 10-year high school reunion while they're here, but I found out yesterday that it's $75 a person! Yowza!! We don't have that kind of money just laying around--or sitting in the bank, for that matter! We might still plan a night of a nice dinner and maybe dancing or something, but it sure won't be amongst our high school comrades, unfortunately. Oh well, I am not that disappointed, since I didn't have that big of a social circle. I'm just happy she's coming!! I know she'll love Mason and he'll love her. It's too bad they'll only be here for the weekend, but it will be worth it still.

The day after they leave here, we head to California for the week-long vacation with our church. What a whirlwind. We're really excited about it, since we don't know that many people from church, and we get to relax and go on vacation, without worrying about the stresses of everyday life.

Needless to say, the next two weeks at work, I'm gonna be really anxious and hope the time passes fast. But if it's anything like my first week of work, it'll go by before I can say "A peanut butter eating yaaaak" :)

0 comments: