Sunday, June 18, 2006

It's already Sunday

It was so great to have my friend here. We all had such a good time while they visited. Friday at work was more tiring than normal, because I was alone with the kids from 1-6. I had to get 20 kids out of the pool (and dressed and keep them out of trouble and have a near catastrophic moment with one of them, which is a story best held onto for another time), and take them to the rock climbing wall. Luckily, when my shift was over I got to meet up with my husband, Mason and our friends for dinner at Chili's. I just sat down and breathed a sigh of relief. Yesterday was a good day. We hung out in the morning and just talked and laughed. Then PBAF and I went to the mall and took Mason along. We just walked around with no real purpose and spent quality time together (and of course stopped and got Starbucks!), while our husbands had manly bonding time at Walmart, a video game store and Subway. Last night, Mason went over to a friend's house and we went out to a nice dinner at a steakhouse and then bowling. There was drinking involved, which made the event that more entertaining and memorable. After we brought Mason home and put him to bed, we drank a little more and played Trivial Pursuit Pop Culture. It was a lot of laughs and felt good to be around good friends. This morning, they didn't stay long because they had a long road trip ahead of them and we had a lot to do today, because our California trip is tomorrow!! So, after they left, we've done laundry, packed and had lunch. Now, we're still packing and organizing. And Mason's getting into the road trip snacks, so I have to go. I will write again next weekend. Have a good week, all!

0 comments: