Sunday, June 04, 2006

Ahh, a step back in time...




Can you believe this is Mason? This was just moments after he was born! I can't believe how tiny he was!!



My cousin is 9 months pregnant. In June. In Las Vegas. That poor girl. I called her today, for the first time in years, and it was weird to be in the role of "experienced mom". She's uncomfortable, scared and anxious. I've been there. At least she's having a schedule C-section, which alleviates some of the stress. I, on the other hand, thought I was in labor on 2 different occasions and was sent home from the hospital both times. But being that I ended up having a C-section, I tell ya, it's the way to go. I'm glad for her. She's got the baby room set up and the carseat in the car. Now, she just needs the baby!! I remember washing baby clothes, folding baby clothes, putting away baby clothes and taking them out and doing it all over agian, just for something to do. All you think about is baby. All you talk about is baby. All you dream about is baby. All you feel is baby. And all you want is to HAVE A BABY! But before you know it, that baby is suddenly getting the popcorn bowl out of the cabinet, and after running around with it on his head, he hands it to you and says "popbub" (which of course means "popcorn") and wants you to make popcorn, even if it's 6:30 in the morning. He's watching "Veggietales" and singing along. He's trying to put his own shoes on. He's saying "kitty" with a big smile, and then running over and giving the cat a hug, even if she doesn't want one. He's attempting to brush his own hair. He is climbing on his own into his highchair, into his carseat and into his stroller. He's leaning in and giving you a hug when you request one. He's eating with a spoon (okay, he's still working on that one, but he's getting there). Time zooms by in a flash. I can't believe Mason will be 18 months in 22 days. He's my little boy now, not my baby boy.

So, my biggest and most important piece of advice for my cousin was to take lots of pictures and try to always remember when your baby was a baby...

0 comments: