Thursday, June 15, 2006

Tomorrow's almost here!

I am so excited to see my fellow Princess tomorrow (my friend that I haven't seen in 18 months is also royalty--at least in my book!) Unfortunately, I still have to go to work first. They will be in town in the afternoon, so they'll be hanging out with Mason and my husband until I get off of work. It's okay though, because I need the hours, since I'll be off all next week.

Speaking of work, today was quite a day. I knew we were going on a field trip (because we always do on Tuesdays and Thursdays), but we thought it was to a nature center that's inside. Nope. We went on a hike today. Middle schoolers on the whole don't enjoy hikes. Remember, this is the generation of kids that are not just entertained but raised by tv and video games. They don't like being outside as it is, and then you're making them walk around and look at nature. What a bunch of whiners. Some of the girls kept complaining about how hot it was outside and how tired they were and how bored they were. They said we should take a field trip to the mall. Granted, I remember as a pre-teen and teenager, all I wanted to do was hang out with my friends and sit around and do nothing. But jeez Louise, you'd think we were asking them to pull out their two front teeth with pliers. Anyways, it was actually a pretty nice day, and it was refreshing to be among the swaying pines and cool breeze. I was tired to the extreme, don't get me wrong, but it felt good afterwards to know I was out being active and getting fresh air. I tell ya, I've had more physical activity in the past 3 weeks than I've had in years!! It feels good to know how many calories I'm burning on a daily basis! And the tan, yeah, it's darkening everyday--on my arms at least. I imagine by the end of summer, there will be a humorous difference between my arm color and my leg color (because I usually wear capris, so most of my leg stays covered).

So, it's about bedtime and I have some laundry to put away. Need to get my beauty rest! I will try to write Sunday, after my friends leave and before we head to California! Hope your weekend is at least half as eventful as I know mine will be! TTFN.

0 comments: