Saturday, February 25, 2006

My Jedi in Training Pants

Thought that would be a funny subject line, since I was at the mall today, and found Mason a shirt that says "Jedi in Training Pants". So funny...

Anyways, the week has been a bit hellish, mainly becuase I've been down with the crud AGAIN. Grrr...I've been taking DayQuil and NyQuil for a day or so, which seems to be helping. I spent most of the week miserable and very pissed off to be honest, that I was sick again. The last half of the week I developed a cough. How grand. I've been waiting it out though, because I really don't want to go to the doctor, for them to tell me it's a sinus infection or some crap and give me an antibiotic that doesn't work. I think I'm starting to feel better anyways. Knock on wood.

Wednesday was stressful, because I was put in charge of the 6th grade for the day, as the lead was out with her sick daughter. The kids were tyrants. I took away their recess and they still didn't listen. The odd thing was, there were bouts of quietness sprinkled throughout the day. It's just that overall, I dealt with so much attitude and talking that I just about lost it. But I take solace in the fact that the lead has the same problems. Sort of. At least when she's there they listen a larger part of the time.

The principal drew up an official offer for me for next year. The money wasn't as good as she had previously mentioned (big surprise). Plus, there's no guarantee they'll even take 2 year olds like she had also previously mentioned (another letdown but not surprise). It just all further proved to me that I am for sure out of there at the end of the year. In fact, I plan to turn in the district application on Monday. I hope getting it in early will help get my foot in the door for next year.

Other than that, not much to report. The weekend's been nice but uneventful so far. We ate Taco Bell and watched "The Heffalump Movie" last night, and today I got a long nap as Mason slept with me on the couch and then we went to the mall for awhile. Guess that's it. Ta ta.

0 comments: