Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Laziness is a virtue, right?

Yeah, I haven't written a few days, I know. I wouldn't blame it all on laziness. Time has gotten away from me, far, far away from me lately. So sorry about that. I do have other things to do, ya know!!

I really don't feel like getting into it, but let's just say that God answered my prayer on what to do next school year. My principal YET AGAIN lost my faith in her and all that she stands for. There was some problem with Mason coming to school with me to be dropped off with the babysitter, and the principal felt it was a liability. Fine. I understand. But then she questioned my parenting and that's when it gets personal. Let's just say it ended with me walking out of her office, holding back anger tears and saying in my head, "I hear you, God. I know what I'm supposed to do now, thank you." So, I will be back in public school next year, where at least the insanity mainly lies in the plethora of nutjob students.

I took a Personal Day today. It was kinda nice. My husband and I went into town and ate at a hole-in-the-wall restaurant and just walked around to all the little shops. Then we had TCBY ice cream, which is a rare treat. Yum. Then my parents called tonight and told us some good news: they still had a life insurance policy on me, and realized that they didn't need to keep it anymore since I have my own. So guess what? That money is ours, to use towards closing costs and down payment for a house!! That is so very much a blessing right now. We wanted to buy soon, but had no idea how we were going to come up with any of the costs.

And our other blessing is that my husband has been able to pull full 8-hour days at his job to make up for the fact that he's not returning to Target.

It's amazing what a little prayer can do.

1 comments:

Mrs. Bluebird said...

I'm glad things are working out for you! Having a bad principal can drive many people from the profession of teaching - sad, but sometimes that's all it takes. I get down on my hands and knees and thank the Lord for letting me work for such fantastic administrators. It certainly makes the job of dealing with the nutjob students and parents easier when you don't have to worry about a nutjob administrator.