Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Is there something wrong with this picture?

Okay, I love Christmas as much as the next guy (well, maybe even more than the next guy, depending on who the next guy is. Maybe the next guy is the Grinch!! But I digress...), in fact it's my favorite Holiday. And by Thanksgiving, I'm ready to yank down (or kindly ask Hubby to yank down) the bins of Christmas decor and splash the house with lights and red and green everything!! But the key phrase there was by Thanksgiving. October just started, right?

Well, apparently, October (and in some places SEPTEMBER!!) is the time to put out Holiday stuff. Here's the funny part. I walk into Target yesterday and I see a strange sight (or at least it seems strange to me): in the same aisle, they have spooky Halloween and fall stuff ACROSS from Christmas and winter stuff. In the same aisle, people!!

I know it's hard to see in the pictures, but believe me, it's true. Halloween costumes and trick-or-treat buckets on the right, Christmas cards and lights on the left. Can we at least get through Halloween before selling Christmas stuff? Apparently not.

And this is the sign that proves it:

Only 79 days, people!! Better get to shopping!!

0 comments: