Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Blue tape, so many signatures, a fat check...and a dead snake??

We did our initial walk-through for our new house today. What a crazy event. It gets really hard to stare at white walls and find tiny cracks or nicks in the paint. The superintendant followed behind us, slapping blue tape on the mistakes and looking bored. Nice guy, but he looked bored out of his mind.

Then, there's all the signing. My goodness. So much signing. And I'm pretty sure by the 95th time I signed my name, it didn't look a darn thing like the first time I signed it. I guess they don't care as long as you signed it. We even signed a paper saying that our name with middle initial was the same person without the middle initial!

And the fat check: yeah, that's a little painful. I've never seen so many numbers on one check before. It's a good thing, but also a a little frightening.

And the dead snake, you ask? Well, we drove by our place the other night, and as we were pulling out, our headlights shone on one of the trees and we saw this thing that looked like a skinny rope hanging down. Taking a closer gander, my hubby realized that it was a little gardener snake and it was dead. Weird. I've never seen a dead snake that was coiled around a tree with its head hanging down, have you? Well, that was a week or so ago, and when we went for our walk-through, it was still there. But not as pretty. It was decomposing and smelled like rotting kitty litter. And when the superintendant attempted to yank it off the tree with a hammer, its insides dripped on the concrete. Yuck.

A lot goes on when you don't go to work on a Tuesday, eh?

0 comments: