Friday, October 13, 2006

Is it tomorrow yet?

Well, I've done all the cleaning I can do for now (I plan on vacuuming later, because there's no sense in doing it too soon), and one more run to Costco when Mason wakes up from his nap. The weather isn't looking too chipper for tomorrow, but oh well. Hopefully the people who said they're coming still come, rain or shine. We're gonna have a lot of food leftover either way, I think. We're just those kind of people--over planners. I mean, it's better than not having enough food, I suppose. But I just hope we don't end up with 20 hamburgers to eat after the fact. We'll just see, I guess. The In-Laws will be here late morning, and so will Wildflower and her family (sorry, I just used that name, since your MySpace one changes so much! :)) are coming early too. That's gonna be really nice. I'm just excited to have guests at our new house period, but I'm especially glad it's them. Mason has grown so much since Wildflower and I got together the last time. It'll be neat to see how he interacts with her girls. Hopefully it's not raining at least part of the time, so they can run around in the backyard and blow bubbles and chase the dog and ride in the red wagon. I can't wait.

I know it's just a little Housewarming party, but it's a big deal to me. We've never been able to have more than 2 people over at the same time, since we moved back to our homestate. We lived in that craphole apartment and it was like trying to stuff a bunch of gorillas into a sardine can, which if you've never tried it, it's very difficult. And it was embarassing, because the place wasn't just small but old and we had lame neighbors (that were smokers!) and it just wasn't very hospitable. Now, we're in a house. A real house. With a yard of our own and driveway instead of a strip of parking spaces. It's just nice to be living in a place that we can be proud of, and will fit the 30 or so people that are planning on coming tomorrow.

Don't worry to those who can't attend and are avid fans of my blog (Princess BAF and Bluebird), I will be sure and get some pictures from the shindig up as soon as a I can. Maybe even Sunday? You will be missed, but I will do my best to document the festivities with photographs.

Well, Mason should be up soon, and then it's Hi-Ho, Hi-Ho, it's off to Costco we go! Talk to you all soon. If you're coming to the party, see you tomorrow!

P.S. Did I mention how heavenly it's been to NOT work on any school related projects for the past week? Ahhh...

1 comments:

* K * said...

I'll have to remember to bring my camera!