Sunday, October 08, 2006

In honor of Fall...

I changed my background. Thought it was time. Isn't it special. Ta-Da.

Yes, right, well, here is a list of my likes and dislikes about this new change of season:

I LIKE that the weather is cooling off and you can actually enjoy being outside. Mason loves running up and down the tiny hill in our backyard.
I DISLIKE that the girls in my class are still wearing skimpy outfits and complaining about the weather.

I LIKE that my hubby and Mason and I are going to the Pumpkin Festival later today. It's such a nostalgic feeling, just walking up and down aisles and aisles of pumpkins with hundreds of other people. And the smells of the farm. And the smells of homemade treats... (see my blog from October 9 of last year)
I DISLIKE that the farm is being shut down and their land was purchased by homebuilders, so they can build subdivisions where people's livelihood rested for generations.

I LIKE that it's Fall and that means Halloween and Thanksgiving are around the corner. Food and family...
I DISLIKE that the stores are already shoving Halloween stuff into a corner and Christmas is taking over. In October. Grrr...

I LIKE that it's Fall Break and the 1st Quarter is over. Hooray!
I DISLIKE that I already have kids comfortable with complacency. They don't care if you issue them a Lunch Detention or After School Detention or an "F". They shrug their shoulders as if to say, "Who cares?"

I LIKE that our Housewarming Luau is next weekend!
I DISLIKE that I feel like I need get the house in tiptop shape before showing it off to people. I hate cleaning....

I guess that's it. I feel better, don't you?

I'll be sure to put a picture of our lil' punkin' on here after we go the Pumpkin Festival.

Happy Fall, everyone!!

0 comments: