Tuesday, July 01, 2008

I'm gonna wipe my bottom at Preschool!!!

Yesterday was a great time. I took my big man Mason out for some Mommy Time. We went to Old Navy and got him a few new outfits (crazy clearance prices!!) for going to school, then to Target for a napping-at-school blanket (he picked Wall-E), then to Peter Piper Pizza for some lunch and games. He had a blast. I got $5 in tokens and he ran around playing practically every game. He found one of those games where you aim the token for the spinning wheel there are different values on holes that you aim for. He shoved in the token willy nilly and BAM! he hit the 50 ticket spot!! Score!! He was so proud to pull out the mile of tickets and show them to me!


At the end, he had 134 tickets and he eagerly took them to the prize counter. For the $5, he got a cheapy plastic Army truck, one army man and a bouncy ball (which probably would have cost less than a dollar total in a toystore), but it was worth it. He found pure delight in the game playing and showing me his skills on ski ball so much so that I followed him around with a similar feeling.
And of course we talked about him going to Preschool. He's pretty much psyched now. We have the First Day of School outfit laying on his dresser and he has asked when he gets to go. And we've been working on him wiping his own bottom (a huge feat for a 3 year old, as it easier for Mommy and Daddy to help, than Mommy finding tracks in the Underroos!), and he came out of the bathroom with his chest all puffed out and he said, "I'm gonna wipe my bottom at Preschool!"
I was a proud Mommy...

0 comments: