Friday, May 16, 2008

Happy 8 week birthday, Gracie!

Well, Grace is 8 weeks old today. She'll officially be 2 months old on Wednesday. Wow. I'm beginning to completely forget what it was like before. I guess because my day is so consumed by mommy duties that it has escaped my mind what it was like to just have one. Things were easier, I'll tell ya that. I didn't realize how independent Mason had become until we had Grace. He can dress and undress himself. He can feed himself and clean up after himself. He can sit for long periods of time and read and watch tv and play without needing aide from us. And Grace is not only an infant, but she's colicky (or something. we haven't figured it out yet) and that makes for long days. She cries a lot. Spits up a lot. Needs to be held a lot. I want to get things done and feel I should as I am at home all day, but there are times, when I have like 5 unfinished projects scattered about the house (half folded laundry, some dishes put away, etc.) and it's frustrating. I know "this too shall pass", and before we know it, she'll be Mason's age, saying quirky things like, "I smell something like snack" or "Juice and milk and water are good for our tummies" or "I can read. The letters are T, K, M, A, B" like her big brother.

I want to enjoy being home. I want to be thankful that God has blessed me with more time at home than the first time. I want to be glad I'm not working. And I pray that I get to have these feelings before the summer's over. We have Grace's 2 month checkup on Monday, and we'll discuss our frustrations with the doctor. I hope she has some answers. And I hope I can soon be thrilled to be home with 2 children.

0 comments: