Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Here's a couple of magic tricks for ya!!

Poof! A week just disappeared and it's now the next Tuesday and I am writing another blog!

Ta-Da! Our son accomplished extreme potty accomplishments this weekend at Grandma and Grandpa's house: he told Daddy he needed to go potty when we were at IHOP, he peed like a champ at their house (and preferred going WITHOUT the potty seat!!) AND pooped 2 times in the potty this weekend! We were so proud of him!! Hopefully that means underwear is around the corner. (as long it's around a corner that comes before Baby #2 arrives, I'll be happy!)

Abracadabra! Our son is growing up before our very eyes. Aside from the potty achievements, I realized sadly the other day that he has grown out of his cute orange shoes. If he's wearing thin socks he can get his feet in them, but his little toesies are at the very ends. So sad. So now he has all these orange clothes and boring white shoes to wear them with...

And the most powerful yet aggravating magic trick of them all...

Voila! I am down with the snotty junk!! Yee-haw!! It came around right before we headed down to see the in-laws this past weekend, and it just kept getting more and more debilitating. I napped everyday and tried to drink lots of fluids and administer the slim list of meds that I can take now that I'm pregnant (nose spray, Sudafed and Robitussin). Nothing worked for too long. Luckily I have my first OB appointment this Thursday, so I figure if I'm still a sickling, I'll have my doc prescribe me some antibiotics. I really don't want to take medication while I'm pregnant, but this sickness is taking its toll on me and I can't get proper rest or even spend quality time with Mason if I'm feeling lousy.

Hope you enjoyed the magnificent magic show. Don't forget to tip your waitress...

0 comments: