Tuesday, September 11, 2007

6 Years

This time 6 years ago, I was in the second or so week of my very first year teaching. I was teaching 6th graders in Virginia and didn't live all that far from D.C. and the Pentagon. It was a very scary day. I didn't know how to handle it or what to say to the kids. I remember my hubby being in Korea at the time. I remember living with PBAF and how it took her all day to evacuate from her job in D.C. I remember going to New York the following March and seeing wreckage and hearing the silence and feeling chills up my spine.

My current students were in 1st grade at the time. Some remember and some don't. We talked some today, because I think it's important that they know something.

And my story might be a little more hard hitting and personal than a teacher that was in the West at the time.

I will never forget.

0 comments: