Wednesday, December 31, 2008

MerrryHappyChristmasBirthday!!!

Whew. The Holidays are over. It's my favorite time of year. Until it's over. Let me paint a picture of why:

Christmas Eve, my Hubby's parents came in. We got their plethora of presents unloaded and then got ready for dinner and church.

Isn't she so cute?? (The was my dress, by the way)

Mason was slated to sing and and all that with the other kids during church service. He practiced and practiced. We got there and he did stand on the stage, I'll give him that. But he only clapped for 1/2 of one song and then just stood there the rest of the time, staring blankly and playing with his shirt. Oh well, maybe next year. He still looked cute.

Christmas morning, we woke up and gave the kiddos the presents from us (and Hubby and I exchanged gifts). Mason got a WordWorld building blocks set and some Bob the Builder underwear and Cars coloring stuff and Grace got a inflatable penguin weebly thing (you hit it and never falls over). Then, we got ready for Hubby's family--cooking and setting up. They arrived (sisters and kids), and we ate a ham dinner. Then opened presents. Grace and Mason were of course well taken care of. (but of course Grace was far more interested in the paper and boxes)


The whirlwind subsided by early evening and his parents stayed the night. The next day, we celebrated Mason's 4th birthday!!

(Oh please, Mommy! Can I open my presents now??)

He got Cars toys, the completion of the Veggietales movies (he had 3 left) and an I-Spy Wall-E book (Grace's gift was eating the wrapping paper).

Then, we took him to Peter Piper for lunch, which he of course loved.

We had a mega cupcake...

(he's licking the candle)

(Yum!!!)

..and he enjoyed it!!

The grandparents went home, and we cleaned up for Round Two. The next morning, my parents and aunt and uncle and other aunt came. (my sister and brother-n-law and kids were supposed
to come too, but that's another story). We had yet another ham dinner and opened presents.

Sigh. And that was it. They left that afternoon and Christmas and Mason's birthday were officially over. Yesterday, we took down the Christmas lights, tree, decorations, signs, etc. Like I said, it's my favorite time of year and until I come down from the high. Now, I'm ready for Spring!! What? Winter just started??? Hmmmm...

0 comments: