Saturday, December 08, 2007

Much waited, much anticipated...much invigorated??

Before you start thinking to yourself, "Finally! Princess Lionhead finally got off her dairy aire and wrote a blog!!", remember how busy things can get for you and then realize that it's about the same here. So, get over it. :)

Anyways, I know in my last blog I promised to write the next one about the genius things my lovely hormonal angels have said to me. And I still want to. So I'm going to attempt to conjure up the ones I can remember (my memory can normally be lacking, but having a baby sucking at my brain can make things even less likely to stay in my cranium). Here are a few:

1. Mrs. Lionhead, what if your baby is born Amish? (yes, like the guys with the sideburns, tophats and the horse and carriage)

2. Can illiterate people think? Breathe? See colors? Wouldn't they just shrivel up and die?

3. If I could correspond with someone from another country, it would be from Hawaii. (I told her that Hawaii was part of the United States, and she said, "but it's not connected?")

4. (I had written some instructions related to research papers on the board, specifically regarding using resources. I had written that they need to use at least 3 resources and 1 must be a book and a hand went up...) Why does it say "I must be a book on the board?" (I had to laugh--especially when another student admitted she had actually written "I must be a book" in her notes!)

5. (This one's not mine, but it's a story worth telling. The science teacher was having a discussion about how the brain sends signals to parts of the body. And one student asked how a newborn baby knows how to breathe for the first time. The teacher reminded them that they had learned about which part of the brain is responsible for body functions and he asked if anyone could remember the name of that part of the brain...) I know what part of the brain does that!! Isn't it the Uterus?

I think that's all I can remember right now. My hubby hears my anecdotes from teaching everyday and he gets a little worried of that generation. They could be one of his students in just a few short years!! They'll be serving our food at McDonald's soon!! And they'll be the ones administering our medications when we are old and rotting in a nursing home!! Isn't that a comforting feeling?

I love them, but I worry about their common sense. Or lack thereof.

0 comments: