Wednesday, March 19, 2008

37 hours from now...

We'll be heading into surgery. Wow. Basically, tomorrow is our last day at home before The Big Day. We've been cleaning and nesting and just getting things as organized and clean as possible before baby and before visitors. Today was real productive, with vaccuuming, laundry, giving Max a bath, among other things.

Yesterday was our last OB appointment. She didn't even check to see if I was dilated. She just said that if I go into labor before Friday, to just come on in. Then we went over to the hospital to get some lab work done. (aka blood and pee) I am now already wearing a pretty green bracelet that says I've had blood work done and it's the first of many stylish pieces of plastic jewlery that I get to wear in the next few days.

Funny little anecdote: While still at the OB yesterday, I was signing a bunch of papers and one was clearly a generic surgical form, because one of the boxes I had to initial was that, "I understand that this surgical procedure may not cure my condition". I had to laugh. May not cure my condition?? If I'm still pregnant when I leave the hospital, someone is getting a beating!! :)

May or may not get on here tomorrow. If not, TTFN and I will update you again when we have settled back at home, probably Sunday. And don't worry, there will be more pictures of little Gracie than you can handle. Like you had any doubt...

0 comments: