Saturday, August 16, 2008

Hum De Dum...

I feel like I should write. It's been since Tuesday. Sorry about that. I feel like the major roles in my life of being a teacher and a mom have consumed me lately. I know as time rolls on, I'll figure out a way to balance it all out and still have time for you. Right? I hope so. Recently, I have taken a virtual trip back in time and scanned through some of my older blogs, including the very first one entitled, "My First Attempt". Check it out if you're a newbie, and gasp at all the time that has passed if you're a Lionhead Blog veteran. http://lionheadden.blogspot.com/2005/08/my-first-attempt.html Anyhow, it got me thinking and feeling a little sad, because I feel like my blogs have lacked luster for some time now, and I have missing gaps of creativity in my entries. For this I apologize. I'm sure a majority of my recent entries are read out of obligation--you've been a committed reader and/or you don't want to hurt my feelings by not reading it. If that's the case, then I feel like I have wasted your time. Well, maybe not completely. I should give myself a little credit. Sometimes my blogs have been sprinkled with a little humor or interesting anecdotes. I just wish it was more of a downpour, rather than a sprinkle. I used to write good stuff. I have friends out there that are reading this right now, and are thinking, "yeah, I remember Lionhead writing some good stuff!!" What happened, you ask? I don't know. Maybe in my aging process (I'll be the big 3-0 in 6 days, people!!), I have lost touch with my witty, creative blogger side. Or maybe I'm lazy. Or don't have time anymore with two kids. Or maybe--wait, I don't have any other guesses. What I'm trying to say is that I pray for creativity. I know that may sounds trite or silly, but I miss always having the right words, and words that came out funny and entertaining. I not only miss that in myself, but I miss being able to share that with you.


So, here it goes: Dear Lord, can I please find my creative side again? Pretty please? I would like to share the gift of witty words with the world (whoa, that was an illiteration...). Amen.

1 comments:

~Janet~ said...

Love the new background. I know how you feel about being witty and interesting on blogs ( and I think you are BTW). It can be really hard - don't give up!