Wednesday, April 02, 2008

First full day survived

Well, today was officially the first full day that it was just Mason, Grace and I all day. We survived. No one got hurt. No one starved. Nothing caught on fire. I didn't break down into tears. So I consider that a good day. My hubby left the house around 7:45 this morning and won't be back until 6 or so tonight. A long first day for us, but we made it. Between Grace's feedings, I managed to do and put away laundry (3 loads), put away dishes, played outside with Mason, watched some tv and wrote a grocery list. Not bad.

I took Grace for her follow-up weight check appointment yesterday, and she's up to 7 pounds!! That's above her birth weight!! Yippee!! We revel in the little things.

I guess that's it. It's still weird to me to not be at school, but I'm getting over it. I've spoken with a few colleagues, and they said that Mrs. Former Assistant Principal is flourishing as my sub. She has stated that I am so organized that she comes in minutes before school starts and leaves right after school. That's a prideful moment for me. I spent the last month of work in nesting mode, preparing a binder for her, including lesson plans, assignments, procedures, rules, etc. I guess it was sufficient.

So, that's it for real. Nothing else to say. This is my life now. Two kids. At home. And I'm surviving so far.

0 comments: