Wednesday, June 06, 2007

A quick fill-you-in

Okay, the last time I blogged was Saturday. Let me think of what has happened since then. Hmmm...I tell ya, although I'm greatly enjoying being home, the days are starting to blend together.

Sunday was church. Typical day to begin with. Church. Come home and Mason naps. Go back out and meet Ms. Cindy's family for Del Taco. Then I headed off to do some bra shopping (well overdue) at the mall by myself. It was nice to be out alone, but looking for bras wouldn't have been my leisurely activity of choice. At least I came home productive in my shopping excursion, so that's good.

Monday. I'm drawing a blank. Oh, that's right. After a tearful morning of attempting to potty train Mason and then a meaningful conversation with Ms. Cindy, Mason and I headed off to Target to get him M&M's and a special jar to get him motivated to go potty. The problem is, when he first started sitting on the potty months ago, he loved it and would dart to the bathroom in a dead-heat run. Then, the thrill wore off and he started dragging his feet. You'd ask him if he wanted to go potty, he'd say, "I did go potty!" even though he didn't. Very frustrating. We decided to take a different approach. He needed to get excited again about sitting on the potty. So, he decorated his "special jar" of M&M's with stickers and holds it when he sits on the potty. He gets 1 M&m for just sitting on the potty and another one for peeing (and perhaps a handful if he poops!!). So far, it's been okay. He wants to sit there and get candy, but not really peeing consistently. Then again, this was only 2 days ago. We'll keep trying.

Yesterday Mason and I met a friend from my school and her daughter at the mall. We walked around and just enjoyed adult female conversation. We were even able to shop in Bath and Body Works (which I never go in anymore, just because I have a handsy 2 year old with little patience for just staying in one place looking at stuff), because the two toddlers entertained each other from their adjacent strollers. It was nice.

Today is Movie Day. We'll be heading out here soon to meet Ms. Cindy and her crew to go see "Charlotte's Web". I'm curious to see how Mason will sit for a live action, full length movie. I think because "Curious George" was cartoon and it was his first time in a movie theater, he was in awe. We'll see if he's as interested this time. At least I'm only out like 75 cents if he doesn't sit through the whole thing.

Well, I should go get dressed or something, since I want to be out the door in 17 minutes. Ta ta and Happy Summer!

0 comments: