Sunday, March 11, 2007

All is well

I'm not sick anymore. I started feeling better around Wednesday or so, which helped me get through the last bit of the week. Things were just a tad bit crazy in the few days leading up to Spring Break. Grades were due Wednesday, which put me in a bit of a tizzy but very relieved when it was over. Friday was a strange day at school, being that it was the Jog-a-Thon (which is a huge school fundrasier led by the PTSO where the students get pledges and they run around in the gym) and an Early Release, AND we basically had our Homeroom kids all day. That was interesting. Luckily the day was broken down into small increments in the classroom: we did the jogging thing until after 10 and then went to our rooms where I had them read and color (amazingly, middle schoolers still like to do that). Then it was lunch. (No prep time Friday. I am so spoiled...) Then I had them for another hour and a half, in which I showed "Napoleon Dynamite". And then they left. It was a chaotic mess to figure out prior to Friday, but once the day came, it went off without much incident. I was glad to have a day free of some of my 8th grade boys, to be honest.

Yesterday I spent most of the day cleaning since my parents were coming. My standards are sadly higher when I know we're having visitors. Why do I feel the need to impress my parents? Who knows. It's just reality. Anyways, it needed to be done. Last night we went to a friend's house and watched "Flushed Away". They have a home theater room which was awesome (my hubby was salivating). Between the three families there last night, there were 10 kids!! That was a little noisy, a little crazy, but a lot of fun. Made watching the movie interesting, since the kids' age ranges are from 1 month to 10 years...

Today, we went to church and then not long after we got home, my parents and aunt and brother showed up. It was nice to visit (even though we had an argument about which color our house is: grey or blue? It's greyish blue, alright!!) and we went to lunch. My brother was heading back to the Yukon, so it was nice to chat with him for awhile even after my parents and aunt left. He's a good guy, but struggles with my dad and no one's getting any younger.

Anyhow, an overall nice weekend. And I am soooo glad it's not over. I've got the whole week ahead of me and not many plans. However, tomorrow we're going to check out preschools in the area for little Mason monkey for next year. Scary. I'm sure I'll let you know all about it after we run around town and feel overwhelmed by the choices.

1 comments:

* K * said...

That's so weird. I had a dream last night that I was going to watch Mason for you. I was asking you, "what days do you need me to watch him?" and we were trying to figure out which point was the half way point from my house to yours so that we could meet there after school. (logically, this is an absurd idea, but it seemed very feasible in the dream.) I kept looking for the outlet shops, but all I saw was a bunch of disney-land-like carnival rides on the way there. Then all of the sudden fireworks were going off, but I didn't see them I only heard them. And I was thinking, "those sound like bombs going off." It was a little scary.

So why are you looking for a new place for Mason?