Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Maybe it was worse than Spring Fever...

So my weekend was pretty rough. Friday during school, my back started hurting and I had a slight headache. Friday night, we are our friends' house and I started shivering like I was in a walk-in freezer. Saturday morning I woke up and was sure I had been in a car accident or someone had taken a baseball bat to my entire body (my hubby swears he didn't do it!). I could barely move. Then the congestion set in. And the fever spiked up and down. Lovely. Sunday, I didn't go to church but spent the morning in a snotty fog. I spent most of the weekend either in bed or on the couch, which in turn caused a crink in my neck. Nice. Yesterday around 4:30 in the morning, I decided that I wasn't going to drag my sick, pathetic self to work. But, I did drag my sick, pathetic self to work to prepare for the sub. I had planned something for the 7th graders that I happened to work on over the weekend, so I had to bring it in and set it up. And amazingly, no staff member looked at me twice, when I was drudging down the hallways in a sweatshirt and flannel pants looking like Death. Shouldn't someone wonder if I was alright? Whatever. After that, I went back home and took up residence on the couch for the majority of the day.

Today, I feel better. Not completely better, but better still the same. And I'm back to work. And there was a sub yesterday. That makes me happy. Hopefully the next 3 days of school go smooth sailing and then it's time for ("ahhhhh...") Spring Break.

0 comments: