Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The many adventures of a chocolate goat, the closing gap and a pregnant babysitter


Wow, the things to share here. First of all, I know you're admiring the beautiful face of my son, with his "chocolate goat". The other night he was enjoying chocolate yogurt (sounds kinda gross, but it's pretty good, and better for you than cookies or ice cream). I just had to snap a shot.

Anyways, then there's the "closing gap" part of my title. This isn't really newsworthy (unless you live in the same town as myself--which one of you does, I suppose), but it still rocked my world. I went to the mall this weekend, and was more than shocked to find the Gap Outlet close to vacant and signs of "50% off Everything!" everywhere. They're closing for good!! Why wasn't I informed?!? A lot of Mason's clothes (and future sized clothes) came from Gap clearance. But I guess that's the problem. I never spent full price on anything there. I always veered right for the clearance racks. If there were too many people like me, I guess a place can't stay in business. So, I grabbed up a few things (including a onesie for Gracie that says "Honey" and then has a picture of a bunny on it) and walked away with my head hanging low. Okay, maybe not, but I was a little bummed.

And the last (and most momentus) bit of information: if you read the title, you probably already know: Our babysitter is pregnant!! Talk about pretty much knocking my socks off! And clearly it came as a shock to her and her hubby too. She's 41 and in no way was she trying to be a new mommy. But I guess God had other plans. She guesses she's about 8 weeks along, which puts her due date around mid to late August. Right around the time school's starting again. Hmmm...It got me and hubby thinking of what will happen to Gracie, as the plan was we would swapping Mason (because he's heading to preschool in the fall) for Grace. That may not be happening afterall. We were a little taken aback when the news was given to us at their house last night, but it's sinking in now. Every child is a blessing and I know this all happens for a reason. They certainly weren't expecting it (as this will make child #6 for them, with their birth children, adopted children and foster baby), but it happened anyways. Of course, because my hubby and I are both a bit sarcastic, cynical, and find any reason to make fun of people (shouldn't come as a shocker to any of you), we couldn't help but laugh at them. We were joking that it could even be twins. Wouldn't that make things interesting? We'll see what God had planned, right?

So, we'll give it some time and then start talking seriously and thinking about what our other options are for Gracie's care. We've already had a few potential offers, so we'll see. It'll work itself out in the end, but it's weird to think that Grace may not be spending the first three years of her life with Ms. Cindy, as Mason did.

And that, my friends, is what's been going on with me.

0 comments: