Wednesday, December 20, 2006

And how are you doing?

Thought I'd let you all know that although I'm already running out of things to do, I am enjoying Christmas Break immensely. It's been really nice not to rush in the morning to get Mason to the babysitter and to attempt to fill teenagers' heads with information they don't always want or care about. I've even slept in a little! (FYI: being a mother of a toddler, sleeping in is now any time after 6:30!) I've been to the mall, Target (a couple of times), to the movies (when we saw "The Pursuit of Happyness") and finished Christmas and Mason's birthday shopping. We've visited with friends, and I even met with a former colleague from the school I worked at last year and we chatted and ate at Olive Garden. It was nice.

The plan for the rest of this week is to clean and get the house ready for family, and then Saturday my husband's family is coming up to celebrate Christmas. I'm excited to have guests, but a little anxious about having 13 people here!! It'll be a nice time though, getting to visit with family and know that we don't have to pack up and try to cram Christmas AND Mason's birthday presents into our car, like last year. We're going to have the fireplace going, and it will be nice and cozy...

Christmas Eve, it will just be us, and we will go to church. Christmas Day, we're heading down to see my family, as my dad can't really travel yet. We'll stay there, have Mason's birthday on his actual birthday the next day, and then we'll return home on the 27th. After that, no real plans. And that's okay. I like being bored. It means I'm not working. And although I do miss some of my students a little, I like being home on a weekday.

Hope all is well with everyone out there. I will write again soon. Maybe tomorrow I'll take the time to post the "Things My Students Have Said" entry.

2 comments:

* K * said...

no fair. we don't get out til tomorrow. (thursday is our last day, friday off) when do you go back?

i haven't even started my news letter yet. not finished shopping. don't even have a plan... and I'm not sure yet as to why I am not worried about this fact... hmmmm

perhaps it is because I just want to play. I am going through play withdrawals. We've baked cookies, decorated, wrapped some presents, put up lights, sang songs and danced...what more do I need to do?! nothing. absolutely nothing. ;)

Princess Lionhead said...

Good for you on the playing thing. That's more important than dealing with the crowds and buying presents. We just wanted to get it all out of the way and not have to worry about it during break. Now, we have time to play, too! We've played outside (when it wasn't too cold), watched "Elf", baked cookies, etc.

BTW, school returns on the 2nd here, so that's the tradeoff, I guess...