Sunday, August 24, 2008

Top 10 Reasons My 30th Birthday ROCKED!!!

Whew. What a birthday!! It was amazing. Let me preface with saying that my Hubby is the greatest. And I don't deserve him. On to the list...

10. My students were super sweet on Friday. They made me cards, some brought me presents and they sang to me. A lot.

9. Mrs. Social Studies left 30 balloons in my classroom. And bought me lunch that day. Nice. The balloons don't look so pretty now, but they did, trust me.

8. Mr. Science gave me a bag of chocolate, and sent his entire ACE (Homeroom) class in with construction paper birthday cards. Some of the kids didn't even know me! He is awesome!


7. My Hubby threw me and his twin sisters (their birthday is today) a surprise party. Well, I knew there was a party, but I didn't know my parents and one of my BFFs and her girls would be there. Check out the cake. Yeah, even though his sisters are 8 years older than me, guess who had the "Over the Hill" candle? Mmm hmm.

6. I have discovered a new favorite coffee drink which I bought for myself Friday morning: a Strawberries and Cream Frappucino from a local place. Coffee? Yum! Strawberries? Really yum!! Happy Birthday to me!

5. My Hubby surprised me after the party with a super fantastic fancy shmancy resort for the night. It was goregeous. Here are many pictures of the beautiful place:



4. My Hubby (seeing a pattern here??) arranged for me to get my hair colored, cut and styled at an actual SALON on Friday evening. That was fun. They brought me wine and cookies! No snack at Fantastic Sams or Cost Cutters!!

3. Hubby is on the list again for getting me a MASSAGE this morning, before we left the resort. It was super relaxing. I felt a bit slick from the oils after the fact, but it was worth it.

2. This one is a biggie: MY HUBBY TOOK ME TO SEE THE DAVE MATTHEWS BAND LAST NIGHT!! (A bit ironic that my last entry was regarding Leroi and I didn't even know I was going) He had actually joined their fan club months ago, hoping to get awesomely close seats, but there was a glitch with our credit card (a incorrect charge) and he couldn't get the tickets that way. So, we didn't have as nice of seats as he had anticipated, but it was still amazing. And they performed for 3 hours!! I was blown away. Sorry the pictures is unidentifiable. I took it with my phone and it was dark outside but really bright onstage. (but not as bright as it looks--that's not the actual sun on the stage, just to clear up any confusion!!)
And the Number 1 reason my 30th birthday rocked, is....

1. MY HUBBY STARTED PLANNING ALL OF HIS SURPRISES TWO YEARS AGO!!
That's right ladies and gentlemen!! He started putting away $8 a paycheck (not too much, so I wouldn't notice) for 2 years, made a ton of phone calls and searches on websites to get it right. Is that incredible or what?


My question is: What did I do to deserve him? Only God knows...

1 comments:

~Janet~ said...

WOW! How awesome your husband is! You definetly deserve every bit of it :) Can you tell him to call Chris and give him some gifting advice?