Wednesday, May 30, 2007

So, this is what it feels like to be a Stay-At-Home Mom

Okay, I've technically only been doing it for two days now (since I would have had Monday off anyway), but it's kinda strange to be home with Mason on a weekday. And to know that I'll be home with him everyday for the next 2 months. It's nice but still foreign to me.

Here's how today went:

6:45 Wake up, hearing "Mawwwwwmmmmeeeee" (which is normal for any morning)

6:50 Put Mason on the potty and entertain him so he will stay on there. And yeah!! He pees!! It gets on the potty seat, but who cares? He peed!!

7:00 Put on Veggietales "The Ballad of Little Joe" (just got it yesterday), and Mason sits down on the couch with a Poptart and a sippy cup of water.

7:40 I plop down on the floor and play Potatoheads with Mason. He eventually ran off with the Darth Vader and Stormtroopers ones, and they "fought" on the ottoman.

8:00 Make pictures for Daddy and Ms. Cindy. Mason first drew with crayon (green is his favorite), then put stickers all over the construction paper (puffy dinosaurs for Daddy and Veggietales for Ms. Cindy)

8:15 Went outside for some fresh air. We dug in the dirt, drew with sidewalk chalk and played ball.

8:35 Came back in and Mason sat on the potty. Nothing happened, but that's okay.

9:00 Headed over to Ms. Cindy's to meet her and go to the movies at Harkins (for their weekly Summer Movie Fun)

9:45 Watched "Curious George with loads of other parents and their children.

11:30 Headed home. Mason sat on the potty.

12:00 Mason took a nap. After putting away the dishes, I read The Giver for awhile and also drifted off on the couch.

1:30 Mason woke me with his traditional "Maaawwwwmeee" call. He was yet again put on the potty.

1:45 Mason played throughout the house and I checked my email and made a shopping list.

3:00 Went to a secondhand children's store to take in a pair of Mason's shoes (never worn, but I bought them awhile ago, and now I realize that his Flintstone feet are too fat for them!), and go to Safeway. I have a Frappucino and get some groceries.

3:45 Arrive home, with a new Weeble toy for Mason (from the secondhand store). He plays joyfully with it, as I put away groceries and get online.

4:21 And here we are. Daddy should be home soon. It's hard to believe I get to have days like this everyday for about 8 or 9 weeks. It's great to be home with Mason, but I definitely see emotional obstacles ahead. I guess we'll face them as they come, right? For now, I am enjoying staying at home.

1 comments:

* K * said...

sounds as bout as exciting as my day. welcome to being a stay at home mom. I worked out, cleaned, played on myspace, meditated for national meditation day (even though I do it every day anyway), and took care of Jolie, who had a fever for some crazy reason. ;P